1954 dated Royal Delft Dutch Blue & White 9" Wall Hanging Plate
1954 signed Royal Delft Holland Blue & White 9" Wall Hanging Plate
A beautiful mid 20th century vintage Delft blue & white wall hanging display plate, made by the famous Koninklijke Porceleyne Fles N.V. (which trades publicly as Royal Delft). It is the only factory out of 32 formed in the city of Delft in the 1600's, and is still in business for more than 360 years!
Condition: There are no chips, repairs and the piece is in beautiful bright condition. The diameter is 9". The reverse has a 2 hanging holes to the base rim, with strong old vintage wire.
NOTE: Starting from 1879 all delftware produced by De Koninklijke Porceleyne Fles is marked as below:
The known Royal Delft Jar Mark has the following attributes:
1. A pictorial Jar, as seen here
2. The stylized initials of JT
3. The name of the city of Delft
4. The artist or painter's initials on the left (This appears to be ML)
5. Year made on the right with letters signify the year made, as in B.Y is 1954. This info can be found online.s wonderful on wall, and is a striking nautical related sail boat piece.
This lovely old and original vintage Holland Dutch piece was found in Totnes, Devon, England. It looks beautiful on a wall.
Size: 9 inches in diameter
Welcome! We have a 100% approval policy. Also visit Debra's other 2 sites: Ancestorville, with thousands of early signed vintage lost family photos of the 19th century for genealogy, and Vintage Poster Works, a vintage antique advertising site. email Debra with any questions here. We proudly use recycled packaging when we can.
We Also Recommend
1890 Architectural Transferware Victorian Flower Floral Fireplace Tile